The Adventures of Airstream Mikie

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Double Juice

The Sport 17 model comes from the Airstream factory with a woefully inadequate single battery.


While I'm waiting, seemingly forever, to figure out why the Yamaha generator will not start, I have taken another approach toward living off the grid. I have doubled my capacity of DC power, adding a second deep cycle marine/RV battery.

I say "I have..." but in fact all I did was point, grunt, and write checks. The real work was done by a very talented man named Abe Hernandez who has a lot of Airstream experience.

Last week we discussed the project, and yesterday Abe showed up right on time and moved through the surprisingly complex project with ease. His experience showed in every move he made. He had all the right tools and knew how to use them.

After that job, he resealed a seam in the roof, hung a few hooks, checked out why my plumbing makes nasty noises, and installed a brake controller in my new pickup truck tow vehicle.

If you need some work done on your Airstream, contact Abe Hernandez. Phone 760-802-3238 or email abe2u@cox.net and tell him I said "Thank You".



No comments:

Post a Comment