The Adventures of Airstream Mikie

Friday, October 30, 2009

Future Trips: Wooden boats: canoe & kayak trip to plan

I'd like to head north to Big Bear Lake, CA, just north and east of Los Angeles, to check out some canoes and kayaks at North Shore Trading Company (link).


On the way, it would be good to stop in Corona, CA and meet Andy Rogozinski, the owner of Inland RV, the Airstream repair facility featured in the current issue of the Airstream newsletter.  Seems like a regular guy.

Following along with the boatman's holiday theme, I'd definitely like to head a lot farther north and check out the custom wooden kayaks built by Joe Greenley at Redfish Kayaks.  A good time to go would be late July, 2010 for the West Coast Wooden Kayak Rendezvous. 


Meanwhile, I ordered the book

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canoeing and Kayaking




The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canoeing and Kayaking 


I doubt I'll learn how to paddle a kayak sitting in my chair reading a book, but maybe I'll learn something useful...



No comments:

Post a Comment